- 00:00 | Intro
- 00:25 | Chapter Begins
- 05:58 | 1.1 Explosive Power
- 12:33 | Outro
- Sustainability 101: Arithmetic, Population, and Energy, Albert Bartlett.
- The reason is for this quite simple. 70 is approximately 100ln(2). So, doublingtime 100ln(2) 69:3. If you want the time to triple the formula is: triplingtime 100ln(3) 109:8. The time to grow n-times is 100ln(n).
- Rule of 70. Wikipedia.
- According to other accounts, it was a legendary Dravida Vellalar. Dravidian peoples is a term used to refer to the diverse groups of people who natively speak languages belonging to the Dravidian language family. Populations of speakers of around 220 million are found mostly in Southern India. Vellalars (also, Velalars, Vellalas) were, originally, an elite caste of Tamil agricultural landlords in Tamil Nadu, Kerala states in India and in neighbouring Sri Lanka; they were the nobility, aristocracy of the ancient Tamil order (Chera/Chola/Pandya/Sangam era) and had close relations with the different royal dynasties named Sessa or Sissa.
There exist many different variation of the same story, one set in the Roman Empire involving a brave general and his Cæsar, another with two merchants at the market, all different situations producing the same result.
- Image courtesy of Wikipedia.
- Chapter Text and comment section: Chapter 3: Exponential Growth | Robots Will Steal Your Job, But That's OK
- Theme song: The Freeharmonic Orchestra - RoboHobo
- Album art adapted by: Redd Spinks