00:01:40 | Spoiler-freePlot summary (opening crawl of A New Hope)
It is a period of civil war. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Galactic Empire. During the battle, Rebel spies managed to steal secret plans to the Empire’s ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.
- Differences from other Star Wars movies
- Movie title
- No opening crawl
- Soundtrack very different
- Lower-third every time we switch planets
- They went to a lot of effort to keep it consistent with A New Hope
- Computers very physical
- Great hearing classic sound effects like X-wing lasers!
- Great acting, story, dialogue
- Very snarky, esp K-2SO
- Really cool cast!
- On the other hand, almost none of them had flaws. Or substance. Couldn't even remember their names.
- Visual effects great, maybe a little overdone with smoke and lens flare
- TIE airplanes, AT-ACT - funny seeing new tech in this movie when ep 7 had none
- Scene with Death Star shadow great at conveying scale